About DAT/EM Systems Europe GmbH
DAT/EM Systems Europe GmbH was formed in February 2014 to represent DAT/EM Systems International in Europe, Africa and The Middle East.
The principals of the company are:
- Karl-Ludwig Lothhammer, joint owner and co-founder of the company, joined Inpho GmbH in 1989 as a software development engineer.
He holds a degree in survey and photogrammetry as well as a degree in computer science. Prior to this, he worked for several years with different survey companies and
government survey authorities. During his time with Inpho GmbH he also served as a support engineer focusing on Aerial Triangulation (MATCH-AT) and DTM generation (MATCH-T/DSM and SCOP++).
In 2000, at the time Inpho GmbH became a full systems supplier, he became Sales Manager.
- Volker Zirn, joint owner and co-founder of the company, has more than 25 years of experiences in service and product sales in a wide business network. After graduating with a Masters degree in cartography from the University of Applied Sciences, Berlin he worked within the framework of a Special Research Project on the development and production of a series of thematic maps using aerial photos and satellite imagery for a national atlas of Egypt. For more than 20 years he was responsible for commercial photogrammetric production on, among others, the following projects:
- Land Use Classification Feasibility Study of a High Mountainous Area in Austria
- Digital Terrain Model for the “Hamburger National Park Mud-flats”
- Digital orthophotos projects for several municipalities in different European countries
- Several projects with complex data structure, within the framework of the Digital National Waterway GIS
- Mapping projects for railways
- gas pipeline and power line mapping in addition to a various number of LIDAR projects in different European countries
Volker joined Trimble/Inpho in 2009 with responsibility for direct sales and reseller support for the entire Trimble/Inpho product portfolio including specific software and hardware in Europe, Russia and CIS.
All the experience from the past focuses on the goal of providing customers with efficient and professional state-of-the-art photogrammetric workflows, solutions and support for the ultimate benefit of their end users.